Monday 16 May 2011

Negative content to follow......

I am sorry to say but St Petersburg is not really floating my boat. We still have two days here and despite there being a lot we can still do, I would quite happily go now. I guess that is the downside of pre-planned travel.

We have seen some lovely things here including the hermitage museum and peterhof fountains, the weather has been great as well. We are going to walk over to the fortress today. We also found a really cool bar to go for a few drinks, always a plus.

So, why is it you'd be glad to go?, I hear you say? Well to put it bluntly, it is a bit feral here. You know on a Monday morning when you walk to work and you see beer bottles everywhere, it is like that here all the time, grotty and dirty. From our room I can see drunks pissing in the river, hmmm delightful!

Apart from that I also look forward to getting to krakow where I'm sure it will get dark at a reasonable hour, it is light here until 11.00pm. I know I'm on holidays, but after a day of walking, I am tired and need to sleep!

Woh is me!! Time to leave!! Looking forward to catching the plane on Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Travelling really is hard work thanks to all the exageration and omissions in the brochures. Rome was one such dissappointment for me, being a much lower grade destination than I had read about. Not so much magic, tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree! Rome was a big let down for us as well. St Petersburg is on par! Moscow however was better than expected because no-one had hyped it up. It was actually way nicer than here!

    ReplyDelete