Monday 2 May 2011

3 working days, 2 live mice and two pairs of shoes

The last week has finally arrived.  I have 3 days of work this week and Pete has 4. Our bags are packed, apart from the last minute items that we still need to put in.

We had a really good weekend - it all commenced with the Royal Wedding. What an amazing occasion. Kate Middleton (now the Dutchess of Cambridge) looked just beautiful and it was clear to see they are a couple very much in love. We celebrated with bangers & mash and a bottle of champagne. I managed to fall asleep before the big kiss on the balcony, I woke as Pete was turning off the TV.

On Saturday we had a small hiccup - Pete's shoes have ahole in them!  So we rushed into town to get a new pair, can't have him walking around Europe with a hole in his shoes. Typically though we found nothing in Geelong, so we headed up to Werribee Plaza yesterday and he got a new pair of Sketchers. Luckily for me I also got another pair of shoes too (ha, love turning a shopping trip for Pete into a shopping trip for me!)

Mac (the cat) had a good weekend too.  Obviously sensing we are heading away, Mac has decided to shower us with gifts and presented us with two live mice this weekend.  The first was on Saturday night, unfortunately it managed to escpape out the garage door before Pete could catch it. The second was yesterday, luckily I saw Mac about to come in his cat door and closed it just in time. We are not sure exactly what happened to the mouse, it was last seen laying on it's side unable to walk (I felt sorry for it!), but I am guessing Mac ate it, unless it had a miraculous recovery and managed to escape.

Mum and Dad flew to Penang yesterday for a 3 week stay which means we will not see them for 6 weeks. I am sure they will have a really nice holiday, although I think Mum was a bit sad to leave Molly (the dog) behind. She is spending 3 weeks in the dog kennel.

Well, I must head off as I am off to boxing this morning.  Need to work off all the calories from the weekend and get myself mentally focussed for the week ahead, this may prove to be difficult though, because the excitement of going away is taking up most of my thoughts!

Me Celebrating the Royal Wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment